**NEW** Ride Cancellation Policy – Effective December 1, 2023
This policy shall supersede the Ride Cancellation section in our Rider Guide and all previous Cancellation Policies.
NCAT’s Rider Guide is available on each bus, at the NCAT Transit Center, and for download . If you would like one mailed to you or if you require it in alternate formats, please call 833-433-NCAT (6228) to request your copy.
NCAT reserves the right to make changes to this guide and policies without notice and reprint.
Scheduling a Ride
Scheduling a ride for NCAT’s demand-response transportation service is as easy!
Call 833-433-6228 by 10:00 am two (2) days before your requested trip, and tell the Reservation Specialist the date, pick up and drop off addresses, and time you need to travel.
Book Online! You can now schedule your rides using a computer or smartphone. Call NCAT to get your account set up (requires an email address). Then, download the free app from any app store for your smartphone or go to requestmyrides.com on any web browser. Review our “How To” flyer to learn how to set up your ride.
Do you care for someone who uses NCAT? You can schedule rides on their behalf using the RiderPortal, too! Click here to learn how.
Setting Up Medicaid Rides
NCAT is a Medicaid approved transportation provider. Medicaid recipients should contact their Medicaid provider to learn how to use NCAT’s services for medical appointments.
First Transit members should complete this form for authorization.
Rules for the ride
NCAT strives to provide safe, reliable, and affordable public transportation fro residents and guests of LaSalle County. For the safety and comfort of other passengers, our Bus Operators, and so that NCAT can remain efficient and affordable, the following guidelines are in place. We appreciate your support and cooperation in maintaining a safe and pleasurable experience for all.
- Fares can only be paid using exact cash or with a transit pass. Drivers cannot make change. Transit passes may be purchased by calling 833-433-6228.
- Riders should be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time. In order to stay on time, the driver is unable to wait longer than 5 minutes after your scheduled pick up time.
- All passengers are required to remain seated and seat belted while traveling. Wheelchairs or other mobility devices must be secured in place using the securing system in the vehicle.
- Smoking, vaping, and/or consuming alcoholic beverages or other drugs are prohibited on NCAT vehicles or property.
- No eating or drinking while aboard an NCAT vehicle.
- Passengers are permitted to carry only as many grocery bags and items as they can carry in one trip. Small carts are allowed to contain items but will need to be secured while the vehicle is in transit.
- Guns, knives, or any other weapon are not allowed on NCAT vehicles.
- Any destruction, defacing, or otherwise damaging NCAT property will not be tolerated.
- No soliciting, selling, or loitering on NCAT property.
- Conversations, videos, or music volume should be so low so as not to disturb other passengers and the drivers.
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in an appropriate child restraint system.
- Appropriate clothing, including shoes is required when riding NCAT.
- Pets may be transported in a secure pet carrier and must remain clear of the aisle. Service animals are exempt.
- Verbal or physical threats, foul language, or other disruptive behaviors towards other passengers or Bus Operators will not be tolerated.