Scheduling a ride:
Scheduling a ride for NCAT’s demand-response transportation service is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3.
- Call 833-433-6228 by 10:00 am the day before your requested trip.
- Tell the Reservation Specialist the date, pick up and drop off addresses, and time you need to travel
Rules for the ride:
NCAT strives to provide safe, reliable, and affordable public transportation fro residents and guests of LaSalle County. For the safety and comfort of other passengers, our Bus Operators, and so that NCAT can remain efficient and affordable, the following guidelines are in place. We appreciate your support and cooperation in maintaining a safe and pleasurable experience for all.
- Fares can only be paid using exact cash or with a transit pass. Drivers cannot make change. Transit passes may be purchased with exact cash from the driver or with a credit card by calling 833-433-6228.
- Riders should be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time. In order to stay on time, the driver is unable to wait longer than 5 minutes after your scheduled pick up time.
- All passengers are required to remain seated and seat belted while traveling. Wheel chairs or other mobility devices must be secured in place using the securing system in the vehicle.
- All passengers are required to wear a mask or face covering when boarding and for the duration of the trip. We ask that you also seat yourself as far away as possible from anyone else in the vehicle to maintain a safe distance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking any lighted, smoldering, or electronic pipe or cigarette and/or vaping is not allowed on any NCAT vehicles of property.
- No eating or drinking while aboard an NCAT vehicle.
- Passengers are permitted to carry only as many grocery bags and items as they can carry in one trip. Small carts are allowed to contain items but will need to be secured while the vehicle is in transit.
- Guns, knives, or any other weapon are not allowed on NCAT vehicles.
- Any destruction, defacing, or otherwise damaging NCAT property will not be tolerated.
- Conversations, videos, or music volume should be so low so as not to disturb other passengers and the drivers.
- Verbal or physical threats, foul language, or other disruptive behaviors towards other passengers or Bus Operators will not be tolerated.
- With the exception of pharmacy pick up, Bus Operators are not permitted to make impromptu stops. All requested destinations should be scheduled at least one day in advance.